Room Capacity 3 adults and up to 9 children at one time
- During visits to university premises the adult accompanying the child is responsible for their supervision at all times. This includes use of the toilet facilities and other communal areas.
- Children must always be accompanied by an adult when on university premises. If a child is left unaccompanied at any time, the University may call the emergency services; unaccompanied children will also be reported as a safeguarding concern.
- Access to library facilities for children is granted through signing in with a face-to-face induction upon their first visit. Parents only need to be inducted once and for their first child.
- Children must be accompanied at all times and must not be permitted to use the University IT equipment during their visit to any library or Open Access IT environment. Parents/guardians must not allow the children in their care to use the parent’s/guardian’s login details to access the University’s IT systems.
- Although a full risk assessment of the room as been conducted, the use of the family room is at your own risk. Please follow the University’s arrangements on the use of face coverings, social distancing and respecting each other’s space whilst using the facility. Sanitizer wipes will be made available to clean equipment before and after use.
- The family room is covered by CCTV in line with the university policy and regularly patrolled by staff.
- Resources provided in the Family room must not be removed.
- Food is not permitted due to the risk of allergies and contamination; food can be consumed in the Archibald Hay Mess Café Area; however lidded and bottles drinks are permitted
- If the fire alarm sounds, please exit the rooms via the fire exit to the left of this room, or the nearest alternative safe exit, and make your way to the fire assembly point to be acknowledged as safe. Evacuation procedures will be covered as part of the induction.
- Please do not leave belongings in the family room, the University accepts no responsibility for items left unattended.
- If you have any cause for concern or wish to discuss use of this facility, please email firstname.lastname@example.org