Welcome to your Library
|Monday||8:00 — 0:00|
|Tuesday||8:00 — 0:00|
|Wednesday||8:00 — 0:00|
|Thursday||8:00 — 0:00|
|Friday||8:00 — 0:00|
|Saturday||9:00 — 0:00|
|Sunday||9:00 — 0:00|
Last entry to the Library is 15 minutes before the published closing time.
Please ensure that you save any work, collect your belongings and leave the building promptly prior to advertised closing times.
To support the Universities at Medway students and staff during the main exam period, the Drill Hall Library will be extending our opening to 24 hours a day for 4 days a week.
From Monday 24 April until Friday 16 June 2023, we will open at 08:00 on Mondays and stay open until Friday when we close at midnight.
Weekend opening hours will remain at 09:00 – midnight.
Due to the increased demand on study spaces and staff resources during the universities main exam revision period, we will be suspending all new applications for Public Access memberships from 1st March – 16th June 2023 inclusive.
Existing membership holders of any our external access schemes will not be able to access the library between midnight and 08:00.
With the rise of cost of living the last thing you should worry about is library fines for a book being a few days late.
From Friday 3 February 2023 we will no longer charge you fines for overdue books and will clear existing overdue fines so you are starting again with a clear account.
You will still receive email reminders about any books you have that are needed back, please return the books for others to use and to avoid your library account being blocked or having a lost book charge sent to you for the cost of replacing the book. For further details about book recalls, look under Borrowing Books section of our Library Services page.
As your library we believe our role is to empower students, teachers and researchers to study, educate and discover by using resources and information technologies in the library and shared spaces. Staying fine-free will help us achieve these aims.
We are now open every day until midnight.
Monday to Friday 08:00 to midnight
Saturday and Sunday 09:00 to midnight
All Drill Hall Library book loans originally due back from 22 December 2022 will be extended until 3 January 2023, unless the book has been recalled.
Reservations on books will take a little longer than usual due to the holidays.
To help support your study needs, the Drill Hall Library will be open over the Christmas holidays. Please check our opening hours below and the services available before travelling to campus.
Week commencing Monday 19 December 2022
• Monday 19 to Thursday 22 December: 09:00 to 21:00
• Friday 23 December: 09:00 to 17:00
• Saturday 24 and Sunday 25 December: CLOSED
Week commencing Monday 26 December 2022
We will be open with a limited service for the students and staff of the Universities at Medway and SCONUL members only.
• Monday 26 and Tuesday 27 December Bank Holidays: CLOSED
• Wednesday 28 to Friday 30 December: 10:00 to 17:00
• Saturday 31 December and Sunday 1 January: CLOSED
• Study space and desktop PCs in the Group zone. The Quiet and Silent zones will be closed
• Laptop loans, book loans, printers, copiers and scanners
• The Helpdesk will be open from 10:00 to 17:00 for basic library support and a book fetching service from the closed zones
• Access to the Family room and Post Grad room will be available upon request only
• There will be no catering facilities on campus, but microwaves and vending machines will be available in the Archibald Hay Mess.
Week commencing Monday 2 January 2023
• Monday 2 January Bank Holiday: CLOSED
• Tuesday 3 to Friday 6 January: 08:00 to midnight normal services resumed
• Saturday 7 and Sunday 8 January: 09:00 to midnight