Click on the Noisy Neighbours icon on the desktop if you are being disturbed by noise and a member of staff will arrive in the area as soon as possible.
Space to suit all learning styles
The Drill Hall Library provides a range of different areas to suit all learning styles. However we do ask you to respect the different spaces and your fellow students by working appropriately in each area. If you need any help please visit one of our help points. Alternatively roaming library staff are available to help students wherever they are working and to help preserve a safe learning environment for all our users.
There are three practice presentation rooms, which are bookable at Reception. Access to these ground floor rooms is via the external door at the Pilkington end of the Drill Hall Library. You cannot gain access from the main library.
- DA002 - flexible seating for up to 20, PC, digital projector and a DVD/VHS player.
- DA004/005 - interactive touchscreens, wireless presentation facilities and a large 10-seat table.
Access seven further rooms from the Group Zone.
- DC019, designed for group working - three large plectrum-shaped tables, a wall-mounted 42-inch screen with seating for up to eight students. Additional tables are available.
- DC016 and DC017, more private group working - technobooths.
- DC107 and DC117, training rooms - computers*.
- DC118 - quiet study space.
*When they are not booked for training these rooms are available for quiet study.