What's new in your library?
We have been busy during the summer adding some exciting new improvements to the library to further enhance the study environment and make your experience of using the library even more positive! You asked for more Silent Study spaces and Group Study areas so we have added both – and more.
- We now have 250 Silent Study and 224 Group Study spaces.
- Colourful desk dividers in the Quiet and Silent Study Zones, increasing comfort and creating a better study environment.
- Newly fitted Group Study Rooms with modern vibrant booth-style furniture and plasma screens to allow you to work with your friends. We have also added new furniture in the three bookable Group Study Rooms adjacent to the Group Study Zone, which are all equipped with wireless presentation facilities. These rooms can be booked at the Reception on 01634 883878 and are available for group practice between 9am and 5pm Mon-Fri for two-hour slots.
- We have revamped our library foyer by relocating the Welcome Desk to a more prominent position and moving the self-service machines.
- The former Student Support Zone was renamed at Student Referral Zone, and is now located next to the Welcome Desk so it can provide on-demand IT and Library support in a friendly and comfortable setting.
- Law Books were relocated amongst the rest of the collection.
Other exciting additions to our updated facilities include:
- 70 brand new high-spec HP 13-inch laptops with extra-long battery life;
- newly fitted desk-mounted power sockets, including USB charging points to charge up your mobile phone or laptop at ease;
- User-friendly iPad catalogue points;
- new super-sharp projectors in the Pilkington lecture theatres;
- upgraded poster printers to provide a much faster service; and
- brand new stripy carpet in the Group Study Zone.
More details, and pictures, can be found here.
To keep up to date with any future improvements or news, you can follow us on